GARRIE DAVISLIM - Tenor
Season 2014/15 began with a guesting at the Volksoper in Vienna.
The Australian-Irish tenor Garrie Davislim studied at The Victorian College of the Arts, Monash University, and the renowned National Opera Studio in London. As winner of the “Opera Foundation Australia, Italian Opera Award” and the "Opera Foundation Australia Covent Garden National Opera Studio Award" was able to study voice further in London, Rome and Florence. He studied voice with Franco Pagliazzi (Florence), Robert Dean (London), Kammersaengerin Hilde Rössl-Majdan (Wien), and Prof. Gudrun Fischer (Weimar).
He has had fixed engagements with Volksoper Wien, Theater Krefeld /Mönchengladbach, Coburg and Volkstheater Rostock, had guestings with La Scala (Milan), Royal Opera House, Covent Garden (London), Nationaltheater Weimar, State Operetta in Dresden, and the State Theater in Kassel. He worked with directors such as Philipp Arlaud, Jasmin Solfaghari, Jan Richard Kehl, Alexander Schulin and John Copley. Repertoire includes: Pinkerton/ MADAMA BUTTERFLY, Rodolfo/ LA BOHÈME, Pang/ TURANDOT, Ernesto/ DON PASQUALE, Acis/ ACIS AND GALATEA, Duca/ RIGOLETTO, Alfredo/ LA TRAVIATA, Fenton/ FALSTAFF, Steuermann/ DER FLIEGENDE HOLLAENDER, Tamino/ DIE ZAUBERFLÖTE, Ferrando/ COSÌ FAN TUTTE, Don Ottavio/ DON GIOVANNI and Tony/ WEST SIDE STORY. Garrie Davislim is also in demand as concert singer. In opera and concert he has worked with well-known conductors such as Sir Christopher Hogwood, Thomas Hengelbrock, Niklas Willén, Dorian Wilson, Marcus Bosch, Alfred Eschwé, Guido Mancusi, Peter Kennel and Georg and David Parry in Europe and Australia, and has performed with the West German Radio Symphony, The North German Philharmonic, The Radio Philharmonic Saarbruecken, The Orchestra of Europe, Berliner Konzert Chor und Orchester and the Frankfurt and Munich Symphony,Australian.
- National Opera Studio - London 1998/99
- Young Artist Programme, Brisbane 1998
- Victorian College of the Arts (University of Melbourne) - Diploma in Opera, Melbourne 1996
- Monash University - Bachelor of Arts Degree, Melbourne 1994
- Gudrun Fischer (Weimar), Franco Pagliazzi (Florenz), Robert Dean (London), K.S. Hilde Rössl Majdan (Wien), David L. Jones (New York City)
- Winner Opera Foundation Australia Italian Opera Award, 2000
- Winner Opera Foundation Australia Covent Garden National Opera Studio Award, 1998
- Finalist Melbourne Herald-Sun Aria Competition, 1997
- Price Soundscapes Magazine Young Performer of the Year Award, 1997
- Award Australian Singing Competition, 1997